Rahan National School
Welcome to our website for Rahan National School. Fáile go suíomh idirlín Scoil Náisiúnta Rathain. For regular updates relating to the school please check out our FB page and/or come back here on a regular basis.
We hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine. Well done to all the children on all their hard work over the last few weeks. We realise that it's not easy doing school work at home on your own.
Don't forget to tune into RTÉ every morning for the new School on TV. It should be interesting - and watch out for a familiar face!!!
This is Biodiversity Week and every evening at 5.00 pm Living Earth TV is hosting virtual tours. This is a very interesting website and well worth a visit.
The Crawford Art Gallery may be closed to the public at the moment but there are lots of interesting ideas for children and families here.
The following publishers have given access to parents and teachers to use their content during the coming weeks. If children haven't their books at home they can access them online.
The links below are just suggestions for some websites if you wish to access more material.
- Home Learning Daily Activities
- Prim Ed free parent Packs
- Scoil Bhride Killeshandra 5th & 6th Class
- Dublin Zoo webcams
- Links to many suitable websites
- Maths with Mum
- Mathematics shed
- Literacy Shed
- Elevenses with The World of David Walliams
- Junior & Senior Infants Online Resources
- Audible free at the moment for children
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- P.E. with Joe
- Bua na Cainte password is ‘trial’
- Get a FREE YEAR of animated storybooks
- National Geographic Kids
- Brain Pop
- Phonics Play
- Poetry Zone
- BBC Bitesize
- Museums - virtual tours
- As part of the CRAFT Maker Space initiative at MIC, Dr Maeve Liston is setting a series of STEM Challenges that all at home can take part in. A new challenge will be posted at 12pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on MIC's social channels (Facebook/Twitter).
- Struggling with Gaeilge lessons at home
- Scéal an Lae playlist (visuals and sound)
- Cúla4 website (cartoons)
- For curriculum-based content, project work and fun activities, visit www.rte.ie/learn.
- Directory of free products/services available during COVID-19
- Amhrán álainn do pháistí níos óige ó Futa Fata
Our Child Safeguarding Statement and/or our Website Privacy Statements may be viewed through the following links.
Out of School and Preschool Service
Suzanne Coughlan of Krafty Kidz is making available an out of school service which consists of a Homework Club from 1.40 and the very popular 'Friday Fever' (activities, friends and fun for 5 euro an hour.)
Krafty Kidz Pre School is also a welcome addition to Rahan National School and community, free pre school places, options also available for non ECCE students.
Krafty Kidz Pre School provides childcare in the safe surroundings of Rahan National School, making the transition to ' big school' easy.
Please contact the school 022 22901 or Suzanne directly on 087 4550888.
Take a look at the FB page Krafty kidz.
- The Magic Box
- In the Middle of the Night
- Message in a Bottle
- Six Word Stories
- A Year in the Life of Fifth and Sixth in Rahan N. S.
- Rahan National School Open Morning – All Welcome
- Clyda Rovers U 16 Winners of the North Cork Final
- Ghouls, Ghosts and Goblins
- Visit to Cork Racecourse Mallow
- Victorious Mallow Team Visit Rahan N. S.
- Making Butter in Rahan N. S.
- Cultivating Engineers, Architects and Builders for the Future
- Munster Maths & Science Family Fair
- Playground Fun
- Transport Project
- Rahan N. S. 5K Run/Walk
- Friendship February
- Open Day
- Presentation of the Tri-colour
- Have a Look Around Our School
Where to find us